View the Event Agenda here.
This 5-day AR School will commence on Monday, January 23 at 9.00 am and finish on Friday, 27 January at 5.00 pm. Student accommodation at the University will be available from Sunday, 22 January for those that wish to use it and all accepted applicants are invited to join the organizers for a pre-School drinks party at 6.00 pm. Further details will be available in due course.
Course Instructors and Lecturers
- Dr. Fridolin Wild Director, Performance Augmentation Lab, Oxford Brookes University
- John Twycross Senior Lecturer, Digital Media Production, Oxford Brookes University
- Carl Smith Director, Learning Technology Research Centre, Senior Lecturer, Ravensbourne
- Philip Lamb DAQRI, Chief Open Source Architect
- Jerome Etienne DAQRI, Lead, Three.js team
note: speakers are subject to change
The detailed content of the weeklong school has not yet been finalized but will include the following:
- An introduction to Augmented Reality
- An overview of ARToolKit
- ARToolKit workshops
- JSARToolKit and Three.js workshops
- Using Unity3D to develop AR applications
- Interaction design for AR Applications
- Experience with advanced AR technologies
- Group work to build working AR applications
Accommodation and Catering
DAQRI, as sponsors of the AR School, will provide all students with refreshments on arrival, mid-morning tea, coffee and biscuits, lunch and afternoon tea. Students will be expected to make their own arrangements for dinner.
We are in the process of arranging accommodation and details will be made available in due course.
Jan. 22 - 27, 2017
Oxford Brookes University